You have put your house up for sale and have received a contract, which you have accepted. All of the inspections have been done and all of the contingencies of the contract have been met.
WHAT’S NEXT? I will schedule the following items (that apply to your contract) in order to close:
- Order the Title Search.
- Order the Termite Inspection.
- Order the Survey (if requested).
- Order the Home Warranty.
- Provide you with a Copy of the Closing Settlement Statement (previously called a HUD) the day before
WHAT’S NEXT? You will need to:
- Contact your mortgage company and request a copy of your final loan payoff.
- Contact your utility companies and let them know to transfer the service to the new owners as of the day of closing.
- Contact your insurance agent to notify them of the sale of your home.
- Review the final Closing Settlement Statement the day before closing.
- Bring a valid photo ID to the title company on the day of closing.
- Bring any extra keys and the garage door openers to the TITLE COMPANY the day of closing.
NOW It is time to have the closing, receive your money and get ready to move into your new home. The closing process takes place in the lawyer’s office, the title company, or the real estate office. This process should be a nice event for all parties involved. If everything is done as it should, the only thing left to do is sign papers, receive the check and hand over the keys.
I will advise you every step of the way and make sure that you are aware of EVERYTHING that will occur. You should have taken care of the electric service, the mail service, and any other services that should be transferred to your new address. Make sure the house is in the condition it was when you signed the contract and that all of your possessions are out of the property and the home is clean and in move in condition for the new buyers.
At closing you will be asked to sign a few papers including the closing statement and the deed that you will give the new owners. You should have seen the closing statement in advance of the closing and have asked any questions you may have had at that time. Once the closing papers are signed, you will receive a check for your share of the proceeds and hand over keys to the new owners.
At that time you have fulfilled all your obligations to the transaction and can move on to your new residence. This should be a happy time and we at Maximus Real Estate Inc are committed to seeing that it is. You can rely on us to make the transaction one that goes well.